Located in Seoul’s Dongdaemun-gu district, Hostel Metro offers a convenient and comfortable stay for travelers. The hostel is situated within a 5-minute drive from two popular attractions, Dongdaemun History and Culture Park and Myeongdong Street. For those looking to explore further, Lotte World is a mere 7.9 mi (12.6 km) away, while Korea University is just 0.6 mi (1 km) from the guesthouse.
At Hostel Metro, guests can expect a range of amenities and services to enhance their stay. The hostel offers comfortable and clean accommodations, ensuring a good night’s sleep after a day of exploring the vibrant city. The rooms are equipped with essential facilities, providing convenience and comfort for guests.
The Dongdaemun-gu district itself is a bustling area with plenty to see and do. Dongdaemun History and Culture Park is a must-visit attraction, offering a glimpse into the rich history and culture of Seoul. Myeongdong Street, known for its vibrant shopping scene, is another popular spot where visitors can indulge in retail therapy and sample delicious local cuisine.
If guests are looking for a bit of adventure, Lotte World is easily accessible from the hostel. This expansive theme park offers thrilling rides, entertainment shows, and various attractions suitable for all ages. Visitors can spend a fun-filled day exploring the park’s different zones and enjoying the numerous activities on offer.
For those with an academic interest or affiliation, Korea University is a short distance from Hostel Metro. The university is renowned for its academic excellence and beautiful campus. Guests staying at the hostel can easily visit the university and immerse themselves in the vibrant campus life.
Hostel Metro location:
Places of interest near the accommodation
Hostel Metro is conveniently located in the heart of Seoul, South Korea. Situated at 11-1, Wangsan-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, it offers easy access to several popular tourist attractions.
1. Dongdaemun Market: Just a stone’s throw away from Hostel Metro, this bustling market is a shopper’s paradise. With over 26 shopping malls and thousands of individual shops, visitors can find everything from clothes and accessories to electronics and traditional Korean goods.
2. N Seoul Tower: Standing tall on Namsan Mountain, N Seoul Tower offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city. Visitors can reach the tower by cable car or a scenic hike. At the top, there are observation decks, a revolving restaurant, and even a love lock fence where couples can leave their mark.
3. Gyeongbokgung Palace: Immerse yourself in Korea’s rich history by visiting Gyeongbokgung Palace. This grand palace was built in the 14th century and showcases traditional Korean architecture. Visitors can explore the palace grounds, watch the changing of the guard ceremony, and learn about the country’s royal heritage.
4. Myeongdong: A popular shopping district, Myeongdong is known for its trendy fashion boutiques, cosmetics shops, and street food stalls. Visitors can shop for the latest Korean fashion trends, sample delicious street food, and experience the vibrant atmosphere of this bustling neighborhood.
5. Bukchon Hanok Village: Step back in time and wander through the narrow alleyways of Bukchon Hanok Village. This traditional village is filled with well-preserved hanok (traditional Korean houses) and offers a glimpse into Seoul’s past. Visitors can explore the charming streets, visit art galleries, and even try on a traditional hanbok.
6. Changdeokgung Palace: Another UNESCO World Heritage site, Changdeokgung Palace is renowned for its beautiful gardens and architecture. Visitors can take a guided tour to learn about the palace’s history and enjoy the serene beauty of its landscaped gardens.
7. Insadong: Known as Seoul’s cultural hub, Insadong is a vibrant neighborhood filled with art galleries, traditional teahouses, and antique shops. Visitors can browse through unique Korean artwork, try traditional tea, and even participate in a traditional tea ceremony.
With so many attractions nearby, staying at Hostel Metro provides a convenient and comfortable base for exploring the best of what Seoul has to offer.